Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Horizontal World: Growing up Wild in the Middle of Nowhere

Author: Debra Marquart

Book Details: I bought this book at a used bookstore a couple months ago based solely on the cover and the description on the book flap. I had read a few pages of it here and there put never really got into it. And then I picked it up again recently, started reading from the beginning, and became thoroughly consumed with her writing. I finished over half of the book in that first day, and the rest of it by the end of the week. She touches on a number of ideas around growing up in the Midwest that I am just beginning to dig up in my own writing, and she weaves it all together beautifully. I hope I am eventually able to do the same.

Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir
Subject: Home, Rural Midwest

Read more

No comments: